Amazon Store

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Tangled

Tangled

Emma Chase


**5 LAUGH OUT LOUD STARS**
 
Tangled (Tangled, #1)
 
Blurb:
 
Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed?
 
He’ll tell you he has the flu.
 
But we all know that’s not really true.
 
Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating.
 
Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life?
 
Can Drew Evans win at love?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Do you see that Unshowered, unshaven heap on the couch? The guy in the dirty gray T-shirt and ripped sweatpants? That's me, Drew Evans"
 
This is how we meet Drew - Our Rich, Successful, Sexy, Man-Slut of a lead male. At his lowest point - think rock bottom, dig deeper and wallow in self pity lowest of low.
 
AND HE WAS STILL HILARIOUS!!
 
I needed something light to read because the drama of all the heavy-issue books I've been reading (and loving, can I just add) are beginning to take their toll on me!
 
Enter Tangled!
 
I laughed from the off until the end. Like gut clutching, shake from head to toe laughing! I earned quite a few funny looks from my colleagues in the lunch room (because Tangled was so addictive I HAD to read it at lunch!).
 
This book was a cross between a Chick-Lit, Erotica, New Adult and Humor. The Erotica was few and far between but VERY HOT, the chick lit element was evident, it covered the age range of a typical New Adult novel but the overriding element was Hilarity.
 
I don't want to go into the story too much - it is ever so slightly predictable (very very slightly) so I'll just mention some things I loved.
 
  • Kate - She was young, ambitious, clever, funny and sexy.

  • Drew - Where do I start?? He is a man-slut, no quibbles about it. But somehow I STILL managed to fall in love with him and his trying-to-change-man-slut ways!

  • Mackenzie - She is so honest, innocent and adoreable.

 My Favourite Quotes:
 
"I mean a grab-my-ass, rub-my-junk, why-don't-you-push-my-wheelchair-into-the-broom-closet-so-we-can-get-nasty kind of thing. It's f$%king disturbing"
 
"It's official. Brace yourselves. Hell has actually frozen the fcuk over"
 
“You know on TV when there’s one of those awkward, shocking moments and all you hear are the crickets in the background?
Well chirp fucking chirp...this is one of those moments.”
 
“For God's sake, don't let her watch Cinderella. What kind of example is that? A mindless twit who can't even remember where she left her damn shoe, so she has to wait for some douchebag in tights to bring it to her? Give me a frigging break!”
 
“God. I may end up being the first man in history capable of masturbating without touching himself. Look, Mom—no hands.”
 
“He moved his trunk-like manhood toward the weeping petals of her womanly center.'
Who the f*ck talks like that?!”
 
Do yourselves a favour - Read this.

Quickly.

Like now.
 
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment